Monday, September 20, 2010

Recognitions

"In the Shade of My Farm House" by Len Haug
Congratulations to Len Haug for continued success with his beautiful works!

The following was submitted by Len...

This has been a good year and month for me. In addition to acceptance at the Cahoon Museum of American Art in Cotuit, I have within the last week been notified that the:

The Falmouth Artist Guild at the Falmouth Art Center has juried in my work titled "In the Shade of My Farm House" and it has, out of 74 pieces selected, been awarded "Best in Show." The show runs from Sep 19th to Oct 10th.

Lois Griffel, the internationally known pastel artist and juror for this show, supported her decision with the following comments " It would have been easy to be seduced by the sheer technicality of this piece. I gave it a great deal of study and saw that beyond the fact that it is made from such small pieces of paper, it was exceptionally realized as a painting. It is a difficult and unusual composition. The light effect is beautiful, especially in the dappled light on the house. The detail in this work is stunning. I cannot help but be fascinated by this work of art."


The Concord Art Association, now celebrating its 89th anniversary has juried in my work titled "Our Daily Thanksgiving" into the 11th Annual Frances N. Roddy Open Competition. With over 522 entries my collage was one of only 95 pieces to be exhibited. The show runs from Sep 18th to Oct 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails